Fujairah Free Zone Company Setup
UAE is blessed with 7 emirates that offer not just the best places for people to live in, but the best business destinations as well. Fujairah is no different. The emirate promises diverse business opportunities via its 2 leading free zones- Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ) & Creative City (FCC).
Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ)
Fujairah free zone, located adjacent to Fujairah Port, has been in the market for quite a long time. Unlike other free zones in UAE, Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ) gives significance importance to industrial and maritime activities and also houses numerous mining companies. The free zone is also home to branches of all major petroleum companies in the region; the strategic location of the FFZ is the main reason behind this.
Certain business activities/licenses that are specific to Fujairah free zone are;
Real estate consultancy
Logistics Trading/consultancy in oil and petroleum products sector
Fujairah free zone companies are excluded from any import or export duties on raw materials, production equipment and finished products, which makes it one of the most preferred free zones in UAE.
Below we have listed the procedure to start a business in Fujairah free zone;
First step involves getting the initial approval, for which the below documents are required;
- Filled application form
- Business plan
- Copy of existing trade license/registration certificate (if you are an existing company, applicable for local company only)
- Colored passport copies of the company’s shareholder/s and the appointed Manager/Director for the new company
- Entity’s shareholder/s and the appointed Manager/Director’s specimen signature
- Audited financial reports(two years) in the case of corporate entity or certificate of reference from a personal bank of the individual shareholder
- NOC from current sponsor (for individuals)
- Unit title deed
- Letter of Intent
- Registry Identification Code Form (RIC) for Manager/Director (Original and notarised)
In the case of freelancers, they just have to submit few documents, that include;
Application for registration
Bank reference letter
Registry Identification Code Form (RIC) (Original and notarized)
The next step following initial approval is registration.
- B. Registration:
Once the initial approval is received, the registration and license fees must be paid and this is dependent on the type of license that the company requires. Following this, the below mentioned documents will have to be submitted;
- Completed application for registration
- Board Resolution appointing Manager/Director (Notarized and attested)
- Power of Attorney given to Manager/Director (Notarized and attested)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (Notarized and attested)
- Specimen signature of Manager/Director (Notarized and attested)
- Passport-size photo of Manager/Director against white background
- Share capital information
The third stage includes licensing and visa processes.
C. Licensing and visa process:
1- The authority will take care of the lease agreement
2- Then trade license will be issued
3- Visa processing will start
Fujairah Creative Zone
The second free zone in Fujairah, Creative Zone, is one of the best options to setup your firm that fulfills diverse business requirements of clients. The free zone, established in the year 2007, mainly focuses on professional service activities.
Benefits of setting up your business in Fujairah Creative Zone
No capital requirements
Flexible business packages
No mandatory office lease
Auditing not required
The licenses offered by Creative Zone are unique, something you won’t find in any other free zone; a company can get up to 15 visas.
Commercial FZ LLC
Commercial Plus One( 2 visa eligibility)
Freelancer company( 4 visa eligibility)
Baby business( 6 visa eligibility)
Genius package( 15 visa eligibility)
All these categories provide 1-3 years trade license validity, up to 3 activities and will be processed in 1-2 working days. Apart from this, Creative Zone offers thousands of business activities to choose from, that can be categorized into-
Audio and visual
Accounts and finance
Music and entertainment
Marketing, trade and e-commerce
Video and photography
Creative City Fujairah free zone is a feasible option for entities that would like to combine different service activities, have many visas and start a company without any personal visits.
Carvy Consultants have helped numerous entities start their business in Fujairah, in Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ) and Fujairah Creative Zone. We always ensure to provide the best to our clients and our services commence right from advising the clients on the best location to start their business.